Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Best Books of 2016


My reading was slightly down from last years 86 but I'm on my 74th book of 2016 and I'll probably end it with either 75 or 76 books. I listened to 13 audiobooks and read 61 books including three classics. I fell short of my five book goal for this year.  I'm thinking about my reading goals for 2017 and want to continue reading a few more classics as well as revisiting one or two favorites. I like to check in with books I've read before and see if they still feel the same. I also want to read a few more larger books. I always skip over them on my bookshelf but I truly love big sweeping stories that tell a whole history.

I love looking back on the books I read this year and remembering some favorites that I may have forgotten about. I narrowed my list down to ten for this years Show Us Your Books Special Edition.

In no particular order and maybe not necessarily all 5 star books, these are my best books of 2016:



Life According to Steph

9 comments:

  1. I loved the Red Rising series. So so good! I just started the Inspector Gamache series and it makes me so happy to see how many posts featured the series. The Nightingale was terrific, although I haven't been able to read any other book on WW2 since I read it. :D Faithful, Shotgun Lovesongs and Small Great Things are all on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are liking the Gamache books. They start out a little slow but once you get to Bury Your Dead, that's when they really start getting good.

      Delete
  2. I just finished Bury Your Dead. It was so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is when the series really starts to get good. Bury Your Dead and Brutal Telling together are one of the best.

      Delete
    2. I really enjoyed Book 9 and 11 and 12 too - you still have some great reads ahead of you! ;)

      Delete
  3. Such a great roundup, I have quite a few of these on my TBR list, so it makes me excited to see that they were favorites of your entire year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love to re-read books and i feel like i didn't do much of that this year, so 2017 will be revisiting old friends as well. i'm glad to see Uprooted on your list - it's been on my list for aaaaages and i keep meaning to get to it. hopefully in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super psyched to see Nickolas Butler on this list. His new book comes out March 10.

    I've had Small Great Things since the end of October and I hope to get to it in January or February as I read through what I have before getting more from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope to read the Pierce Brown series asap for a book challenge this winter. Can't wait; I have heard nothing but good things!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS