Friday, December 30, 2016

2016 Ambitions ll Revisited

I wrote this post at the beginning of 2016 and didn't really think much of it since. Every once and while  it would pop into my thoughts but I wanted to revisit my goals and see how I did and where I want to go in 2017. All in all, 2016 was a good year. I traveled, Errol and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary and I marked my first full year at my new job.

+ Find My Passion

I don't know what this looks like or where to start but it's at the very top of my list. I want to focus on things that make me feel alive.  I have a group of things in life (books, hiking, adventures) that I love doing and that stir my soul so I want to spend more time doing them. But I also want to find my work passion.
Still working on this one. How do people find their passions? I kinda feel like it's something you fall into or just know, which I don't. 

+ Travel More

On Truly Living:
Source
I did well with this one. I went to Orlando, Chicago and Phoenix all for work related events. Errol and I took a long weekend and went to Acadia/Bar Harbor for our anniversary weekend and visited Boston twice for the weekend.

+Contemplate a Tattoo

Don't quote me on this but something small with either significant person meaning or something bookish.
Still contemplating this one. I'm almost leaning more towards getting my nose pierced...

+ Get Healthy

Eat better and be more active. Regularly. Also hike more.  This year was pitiful. 
LOL....let's just say this was a failure. I will be making this my number one priority in 2017 as I'll be starting my 30's and would really like to be more healthy. I need to make it a priority now or it never will be.

+ Save Lots of $$ to Buy a House  in 2017 

This is right below "find my passion" but more likely to happen. While I love the non-responsibility of repairs and taxes of renting, I want my own place and I need DIY home projects in my life. And I want that adventure with Errol.
We opened our joint house savings account and have done well adding to it. We did better when we first opened it but I have a plan outlined for us in 2017 to save more, just in general, as I'm hoping 2017 is the year we buy our first house.

+ Focus on my Blog & Get a Custom Blog Design

I started this blog in March of 2015 on a whim. And I've grown to love this space I've created.  I want to grow it and not monetarily but post and content-wise.  I'm still trying to find my voice and figure it out but I want to put a better effort into it.  I decided early on that once I reached a year of blogging, I would invest in a custom blog design and I can't wait.
Nope. I wrote 60 posts this year which is laughable. I'd really like to focus more on this space and if I do well at that, reward myself with a new custom blog design.

+ Go on More Weekend Adventures This Summer & Plan Our 2017 10th Anniversary/Rose's 30th Trip

My big weekend adventure goal is a long weekend in Acadia National Park. Our winter trip this year was delayed because of my job change so Winter 2017 it is. Any thoughts?
See above. We went on some weekend adventures and I completed the goal of making it to Acadia. We have booked our combined Christmas/my 30th birthday trip in January and will be flying to Vegas and driving to the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and Zion National Park which I am extremely excited for.

+ Read 5 Classics in 2016 & Re-read His Dark Materials Series

I'm not setting a reading number goal this year.  I'm just going to read as much as I can, same as any year.  I thought I would switch things up and I have a whole shelf of classics waiting to be read so maybe I'll discover a new favorite.
Well, I read three classics but did not read the Dark Materials trilogy. I'd like to continue reading some more classics even though the ones I read this year were not my favorites.
 
And my one word for this year?
When I think about this year and all the things I want out of it, most of all I want to just have fun. I want to be carefree and enjoy life. I want to enjoy loving and being with Errol. After all, this is the last year of my 20's and no, this is not the last you'll hear about it.
I think I did a good job with that this year and honestly, having fun is really one of my mottos in life. You only have one life and I want to have fun living it. I want to have experiences and go on adventures and laugh. 

What is one of your goals for 2017?

1 comment:

  1. hmm. i don't know about the passion either because.. i don't think i have one? especially not work related. but i'm okay with that.
    i hope 2017 is the year you buy your house! how exciting!
    i love your word fun, and i'm glad you did a good job with it. i agree, life is short, have some fun :) i think i'd like to have some more fun in 2017.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS