Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set During the Holocaust


It's no secret around here that I love a good historical fiction book. I love learning about the past but also immersing myself in a good story. When I think of my favorite books, it's the books that evoke some emotion or feeling that stand out. If I'm a sobbing mess on the couch or finish a book with a big sigh, I consider that the sign of a good book. Without a doubt, my most favorite time period to read about is WWII, with a focus on the Holocaust. It may be considered dark or morbid to some, to be interested in this and enjoy and seek out books from this period in history but to me, they are the stories that need to be told. We can't forget such atrocities have happened. We must experience them and feel the horror so we can recognize it if such evil shows itself again.

Honorable Mentions:
The Storyteller// Suite Francaise// The Reader// Everything is Illuminated// Skeletons at the Feast 

Linking up with The Broke and the Bookish

6 comments:

  1. I've read (or have the book on my tbr) almost every book from this list. I just added In the Garden of Beasts. I would highly recommend Salt to the Sea. I mentioned it in the last Show Us Your Books post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love WWII books even though they absolutely gut me and I need a lot of time in between them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read a really really good one set during the Holocaust - Secrets She Kept by Cathy Gohlke! I highly recommend it :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am the same. i feel weird saying that i love books like this, because it is such a horrible spot in time, but i can't help it. they gut me, but i never want this to be forgotten. i don't want to forget what man is capable of, both good and bad. i haven't read all of these, but the ones i have read, i loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I love The Book Thief!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/16/top-ten-tuesday-70/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always hit or miss with historical fiction. Gah! I mean, I grew up reading it so I have this deep love of it from my childhood, but these days I gravitate towards fantasy more. But still! I LOVE THE BOOK THIEF SO MUCH. I totally broke me. Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS