Friday, July 15, 2016

Tried and True: New Recipes

I've been meaning to post a new Tried & True post for a while and this was planned to have a different theme but it's the day before I leave to go to a work event in Chicago so I changed it slightly. Plus I was planning on taking photos for that other post and haven't...ooops! I decided to feature some new to me recipes that have been winners since I always like reading these on other people's blogs.

Firecracker Chicken Meatballs

Via Little Spice Jar

I made this on a whim this week and really enjoyed it. I subbed in turkey because that's what I had. Next time I think I'll add some more seasoning to the turkey mixture. The sauce definitely has a kick to it but it was a nice heat not overly obnoxious. Errol wasn't a huge fan but he also doesn't like ground turkey or meatballs that much.

Red Roasted Carrots

I love, LOVE roasted veggies. They're healthy and pretty easy. I used coconut oil instead of olive oil. I liked the addition of sesame oil and thought the carrots had a good flavor.

Citrus Glazed Coconut Banana Bread

Via Taste and Tell
I think I've mentioned it more than once but I am obsessed with coconut. I made this awhile ago and brought it in to work as a random treat. I loved the slight coconut flavor. I can never make a glaze come out all white and pretty like that. Usually it just seeps into the bread but this was still good nonetheless. It was gone by the end of the day so everyone seemed to like it.

Just a short and sweet post for today. I've got a busy day at work trying to wrap everything up before I leave. I have a customer visiting who I'm excited to finally meet but it also means that I'm away from my desk for a lot of the day. I've got to pack tonight since I'm leaving Saturday night. Errol's picking up his new motorcycle tomorrow morning/afternoon (he just got one last year but he's trading it in because it wasn't as comfortable as he would like) so I'm a little crazed that I won't have the day of to really get everything together. 

Follow me on Instagram to see all of my Chicago adventures!
For more Tried & True recipes, check out my Tried & True Pinterest board.

2 comments:

  1. ooooh those carrots look SO yummy.
    have a good time in chicago - hope the work event is fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try those meatballs!

    I also love coconut, but I feel like a lot of my friends hate it. They're obviously crazy. Haha. At least Eric likes it!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS