Friday, July 8, 2016

Currently 7.8.16


Thinking:

Getting deep here for a second...but thinking about what I want out of life. I don't know if it's the summer antsy-ness that always seems to set in (which can most likely be blamed on summer vacations of youth) or just the stage of life I'm in but I keep having this thought like there has to be more. More what, I don't know but just more. With the dreaded 30 quickly approaching, I'm acutely aware that I'm entering a new age bracket. I'm a pretty go with the flow type of person, even with my life. I don't plan, I'm not a planner really at all. And while that can be good or bad, I'm feeling the need to make some life plans for myself. Like where do I want my career to go and what are mine and Errol's priorities in life. Otherwise, I feel like I'm just going to float through life and then it will be over. A lot of it is being open and honest with myself about what I want but also willing to forsake "comfort" to make those changes. It's hard y'all.

Loving:

The weekend adventures Errol and I have been having. The previous weekend we took our small boat out and spent the afternoon on the lake. The next day, we went to my favorite swimming spot, Willoughby in Vermont. Fourth of July weekend we went disc golfing and spent the day/night in Burlington Vt. If any of you have visited Burlington, you know how cute and eclectic it is. I just love the vibe there. I had one of the best burgers of my life at The Farm House. It had a garlic scape jam and jalapeno aioli that was superb.

Planning:

Our 10th anniversary trip to Acadia/Bar Harbor Maine. Not only does the rocky coast of northern Maine look absolutely stunning but there's some killer hiking trails I want to check out. A trail that skirts the edge of a cliff and one that has iron rungs attached to the rocks, count me in! I love stuff like that. I've been wanting to make my way to Acadia for a few years and this is the perfect excuse. Fyi, I cannot believe that we will be celebrating 10 years together in a little over two months. It seems like we've known each other forever but like it was just yesterday.

Reading:

 I read Baker's Little Giant of Aberdeen County when it first came out and enjoyed it. I randomly bought Mercy Snow off Bookout a couple months ago. I was surprised when I started reading and realized that it was based in my area. The town is fictional but there are towns and landmarks mentioned that are real to northern New Hampshire. I'm about 2/3 done and liking it so far.

Watching:

Big Brother. Is anyone else watching this season? Oh man are there several people that I love to hate. I think Corey legit might be a creep or something. Something seems off about him. I love Nicole and Da'Vonne. Paulie is not bad on the eyes and Bronte might have the most annoying voice I've ever heard. My early vote to win is Frank which is funny because I barely remember him from his original season.

Cooking:

Via
I made this Roasted Veggie Mac and Cheese from Gimme Some Oven the other week and it was a hit. I love mac and cheese and roasted veggies so combining the two was a win-win. The cheese sauce was really simple. I haven't had the best luck in the past making cheese sauces so I was happy this went together well.

Listening:

2 comments:

  1. oh i've made that recipe before i think and it is so yummy. i love gimme some oven.

    i know what you mean about floating through life and then it will be over. i think i am pretty content with my life right now but i am a huge planner and it's important to me to always have a plan or something to look forward to... i'm not very career driven because that's not important to me (right now anyway) but i still have career goals. sometimes it's hard to be truly honest with yourself with some things, changes can be too scary (or maybe that's just me haha). have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't dread 30. Honestly. I promise it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS