Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Stitch Fix #7

I'm just going to say it, I was a little underwhelmed with this Fix. I appreciate that my stylist sent 3 items from my Style board but I was disappointed in the actual items. Read on for my full thoughts.

This time around I requested:
Please send work clothes-nice shirts, blouses, light sweaters/cardigans (longer style) and non-denim pants. Like pants in neutral hues or bright primary colors (royal blue, green). Like jewel tones and bright pops of color. Graphic type prints. Specifically would like an army fatigue style vest. Tunics and oversized tops to wear with leggings. Mixed material and mixed pattern. Like Pixley, Papermoon and Le Lis. Maxi Dresses, Kut from Kloth pants and the skirt from this post.

How It Works:

+Fill out your style profile and schedule your first fix.
+Pay $20 for the styling fee
+Receive your box with pieces hand selected by your stylist. You have 3 business days to decide what to keep and what to return. 
+The $20 styling fee is applied as a credit and will be deducted from the total of items kept. If you don't keep anything, you are out the $20. If you keep everything, you also get a 25% discount.
+Try it here with my referral link.

Pixley Martina Slub Knit Open Cardigan $48

Gentle Souls Ivory Double Strap Wedge $195



I thought long and hard about keeping this cardigan. I did ask for a longer cardigan after all but after really thinking about it, I just couldn't do it. Part of me still wishes I had but I knew a big reason I would have been keeping it was because I didn't want to lose my style fee. The cardigan fit perfectly and was a nice lighter weight knit while still feeling substantial, if that makes sense? I liked the faux pocket thing that it had going on but with that said, it's just a black cardigan. I own several black cardigans that are similar in length. I felt like the outfits I would make with those would be the same outfits I would make with this. 

I own several pairs of Gentle Souls shoes. They are some of the most comfortable shoes. They all have this soft suede memory foam-ish footbed that is just heaven to your feet. But did I pay full price for them? Nope. My previous job was at a women's clothing and home decor company and we sold Gentle Souls. I got them for next to nothing. When I saw what the brand was, I knew even before confirming with the price sheet, that I wouldn't be keeping them. I selected lowest price for shoes so I'm not quite sure what my stylist was thinking when she sent these. I will say that my total fix, had it worked, would have been $304 so that means that the rest of my fix would have cost me $100 which isn't that bad of deal. I own quite a few pairs of wedges and this style honestly wasn't my favorite. I would have much preferred a sandal or flat of some kind. I saw they are carrying Toms, like why couldn't I have gotten those?!

Market & Spruce Brian Knit Maxi Dress $78



I love the print and color combo of this maxi. But I knew right away that the style would not work for me. The blousey top combined with the elastic waist just doesn't work for my body type. I prefer a straight or a-line fit and sometimes, depending on the piece, an empire waist maxi. I was undecided on the actual feel of this dress. I thought it was kind of a heavy weight for Spring/Summer but did like that it had a knee length lining and wasn't clingy. Being taller, I appreciated the length. I like my maxis to hit the floor and often find that they tend to hit at my ankle.

Moon and Sky Granger Crew Neck Top $54



So I pinned this top and immediately out of the box, loved it. I really love the print and that it was a woven cotton. Unfortunately, the top was waaaay to small. Like made me had a uni-boob small. Even if this top fit, I most likely would not have kept it due to the high slits on the sides. I hate wearing lots of layers, it's too high maintenance and makes me feel claustrophobic. The fact that I would have to wear a tank under a tank is a no go for me. I wish I had noticed when I pinned it that it had side slits.

Market & Spruce Dido Mixed Print Knit Top $58



This is another top that I pinned and didn't realize until I received it that it had something that I disliked. For some reason, I'm not a fan of the mint and gray color combo. I actually really don't like mint and there are mint dots all over the back. I didn't love the look of this on either. The front panel hit at a weird spot. I wasn't in love with the material and thought the price was high for what it was.

Overall Thoughts

It was hard not to be disappointed with this fix. I know my motto has been not to have too high of expectations but I also kind of feel like after seven Fixes, there should be one item that I love and want to keep. I thought the color palette of this Fix was pretty drab. I would have expected a lot more color since it is Spring and I mention in both my note and my profile that I love color. Sending $200 shoes was definitely off the mark. I would have liked to seen a pair of pants. For me an ideal fix would be 2 shirts/blouses, a pair of pants, a random, frivolous piece and either shoes or a sweater or cardigan. Also, I've requested an army/utility style vest for my last three Fixes. My stylists keep telling me they don't have one but they have the exact style featured on their homepage and I've seen a few different styles in other Fixes. So for the time being Stitch Fix and I are on a break.

What did you think of my Fix? Was I being too picky?

6 comments:

  1. I don't think you were being too picky. I looked at pictures first and would think "ooooh, I like that!", then I'd read the reasons that it wasn't "just right" for you, and your reasons made sense to me. Stitch fix is not in Australia. Probably a good thing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 195 shoes?!? I don't even think I would take the box! I love me a good splurge, but only if I mull over it for a loooooong time. The red dress was a pretty color on you- but maxis can be hard to fit. Do you think you'll do another stitch fix?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mention two reasons I stopped - items way more than I wanted to pay (i.e. I knew I could get them cheaper elsewhere and by the sixth, seventh, eighth fix...why was I still getting boxes with zero items I loved/thought were well worth the money?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you're being picky. There were a few items where I'd think they looked cute but then you would explain more about them and before I even read your decision I would be like NOOOPE. I've never gotten StichFix because it seems like more people have meh or disastrous boxes where things are consistently not what they ask for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think it's being too picky if they're not really sending stuff you like, if they're sending stuff you initially liked but doesn't fit well/work for you once you actually put it on, and/or if they're sending stuff that's not within your requested price range. In this case, it was all of the above ... So yeah, I'd definitely go on a break from Stitch Fix!

    I've considered trying it, but I've seen so many failed boxes that it makes me not even really want to try it. I mean, I think the idea is fun, but I don't want to be constantly disappointed because I'm not getting what I want, nothing fits properly, or (possibly worst of all) I absolutely love something and it looks amazing but it costs way more than I'm willing to spend.

    All that being said, I really do like the maxi dress and think it looks great on you (at least in the photos you shared) and the crew top with the side slits (though obviously you said it didn't fit right and you hated the side slits). I'm a person who loves to layer, so the side slits wouldn't be a big deal for me ... But obviously the too small thing would be an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy mother of expensive shoes.
    i get so mad when i request something and they don't send it. i requested a certain dress and then i found it on modcloth, and i just got my notification about my fix tomorrow and they didn't send it anyway... sigh.
    that dress is gorgeous but i totally understand why you didn't keep it. i am tall-ish as well, so i get that.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS