Friday, April 1, 2016

Stitch Fix #6

The color palette was the first thing I noticed of my sixth Fix. All the colors compliment each other and there were some strong likes right off the bat. I love, love kelly green so those Kut from the Kloth pants were an immediate like, along with the orange mixed media top. I've consistently been requesting the same type of items with some variations here and there. 

This time around I requested:
Please send work clothes-nice shirts, blouses, light sweaters/cardigans (longer style) and non-denim pants. Like pants in neutral hues or bright primary colors (royal blue, green). Like jewel tones and bright pops of color. Graphic type prints. Specifically would like an army fatigue style vest. Tunics and oversized tops to wear with leggings. Mixed material and mixed pattern. Like Pixley, Papermoon and Le Lis. Would like to try knee length skirt in a fun pattern. Kut from Kloth pants

I think my stylist did a good job of hitting the points. She said she was still looking for a army green vest but she sent the Kut from the Kloth pants I received from a previous Fix, but in a much better color, a Le Lis skirt, a tunic and a long cardigan. 

Also, I think I need to visit some fashion blogs and look at some poses. What do you do with your hands?! How do you seriously go out there and pose? I need to move away from the arm wing. And I probably should have edited these photos since they look pretty drab. It was 65 out yesterday but cloudy and overcast.

How It Works:

+Fill out the style profile and schedule your first fix.
+Pay $20 for the styling fee
+Receive your box with pieces hand selected by your stylist. You have 3 business days to decide what to keep and what to return. 
+The $20 styling fee is applied as a credit and will be deducted from the total of items kept. If you don't keep anything, you are out the $20. If you keep everything, you also get a 25% discount.
Try it here.

 THML Alasia Embroidery Detail Tunic $68



I instantly loved this shirt out of the box. I loved everything about it, from the color and material to the graphic neckline. It's a little too tight for my liking but not so much that I couldn't have gotten over it. I'm also not in love with the above outfit either. My main dislike with the shirt was the neckline. If you look closely, you can see that it's high. I don't know if I have a short neck or what but it wouldn't lay right and went too high up for my liking. So for that reason and the price, I returned it. 

Alice Blue Lucio Henley Blouse $48

Kut from the Kloth Siena Cropped Pant $58




I'm not sure what I'm doing in the above photo but I love it. Probably laughing at Errol making fun of me posing, haha! The Kut from the Kloth pants are amazing. They are soft and have the right amount of stretch. They're comfortable and go with a lot of shirts already in my wardrobe. Kelly green is a pretty versatile color I realized after looking through my clothes to gauge how many outfits I could make. My only issue with these is that they look weird in the butt area. I think I don't have a large enough but to fill them out or something. Since it was a minor thing and probably something no one else would notice but me, I decided to keep them.
I'm not sure if you can notice it but I felt like one wrong move and I was going to Hulk the Alice Blue blouse. It fit everywhere except the arms. It was so tight on my upper arms and shoulders. It was too bad because I pinned this shirt and really liked the bright colors. This outfit is 100% something I would wear to work. Obviously the blouse went back due to fit.

Le Lis Jensen Belted Flare Skirt $64


I hate everything about this outfit and the skirt. I had a really hard time finding a top to go with this skirt because I was just not feeling it. Nothing was working with it and you really needed to have a tucked in shirt. When I first opened the card with the outfit suggestions, I was like ehh, the patterns ok but I thought it might be decent based on the outfits styled and that it was black and white. Well, it's not black and white, it's navy and white and the pattern is brushstoke-like. The material feels like cheap polyester and I would never in a million years wear something with that faux belt wrap thing. I think embellishments on clothes like that look cheap and tacky. And also something that someone 10 years older than me would wear. (I just realized that you can't actually see the stupid belt in the pictures.) The skirt also clung weirdly. It was just all wrong.

41Hawthorn Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan $48




Another outtake because I love this photo. It's pure and in the moment. Errol calls that my "cherry cheeked Rosey" face. This outfit is probably the closest representation of my "everyday" style. I have several cardigans that drape like this and it was my top contender to keep, next to the green pants. The material was really soft. It was a good weight for Spring/Summer. The main reason I returned this cardigan is because I felt like I would wear the pants more and could easily find more outfit options with them than with the cardigan. I briefly thought about keeping both the cardigan and pants but that would be $100 and at that point, you might as well keep the whole Fix.

Overall Thoughts

When I originally opened the box, I thought I would be keeping everything. I knew the skirt was not for me but I liked everything else based on the first look. Unfortunately, what I've come to understand and anticipate from Stitch Fix, is that they really cater to smaller sizes. Since I'm at the higher end of their size spectrum, every Fix I receive something I would love and keep but it doesn't fit. It seems like a lot of the tops run on the smaller size and sometimes I wonder if they really look at my sizing info and feedback. Because of sizing, I kept one item instead of the whole box. With that being said, I do still have another box coming. I've said it before but I love getting surprises in the mail. I just don't have high expectations because of fit issues.

2 comments:

  1. I would absolutely have kept those pants. That's one of my favorite colors. I'm wearing it right now up top.

    Agree on sending the last one back. I have two things that look just like that that were less than half the price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have pretty much the same attitude with stitch fix. i don't mind if i don't keep everything - it's better for my wallet! i have length issues with a lot of their things, they are too short, even if they look normal in a photo lol. also, i hate posing for pictures, i feel so silly for things like this. i take mirror selfies, which is probably against every rule in the book but i don't care. i love the green pants you kept!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS