Thursday, November 12, 2015

Currently 11.12.15




Thinking:


About how the holidays and the end of the year are right around the corner.  The older I get, the more I feel like time is just speeding by. I remember being in my late teens/early twenties and feeling like a had all the time in the world.  And here I am fastly approaching 30 and wishing time would slow down. I'm not ready to give up my twenties yet.  I totally gave Errol tons of shit when he turned 30 and was bothered by it but truthfully, I'm starting to understand it.

Reading:




I just starting listening to Still Life last night. Several of the girls I work with love this series so I figured I would give it a try.  I'm on the fence just because it's not my normal but one of the girls, whom I used to work with at the book store and knows what I like, recommended it and said I would probably like it so I'm giving it a shot.  
 
And Sea of Tranquility....I mean I was pretty much forced to when about 50 bloggers have reviewed and said that it was nothing short of amazing.  I'm bracing myself for all the feels and tears.  I'm only 50 pages in but really liking it so far.

Watching:

I'm ashamed to admit this but I'm actually watching quite a few shows right now. Scorpion, Walking Dead, Finding Carter, American Horror Story, just to name a few.

 


Is anyone watching this season of AHS? I would say that this season is the most sexual graphic season yet.  I was surprised that some of the scenes were tv approved. FX isn't exactly HBO. I love Lady Gaga's character and I really love Liz Taylor.  I'm not loving the story itself though.  It's not as bad as last season's Freak Show though.
 

Anticipating:

The four day weekend that is gifted to us in the form of Thanksgiving.  The place where I work does vacation time as earned time.  I've never worked somewhere where you accrue time off as you work.  I also have not had such limited vacation time in like forever. This will be the first year in a while that I will not be taking the week between Christmas and New Years off.  I imagine it's going to be rough being at work during that time.

 Loving:


The new Dunkin Snickerdoodle Macchiato.  I got it the other day on a whim and it is delicious.  I've had one two days this week already.  My job is such a bad influence.  Someone does a coffee or McDonald's ice cream sundae run everyday.  I used to never spend money at my old job but it's hard to say no.  I mean, you can get a little ray of sunshine that is a McD's sundae for less than $2.
 
While we're on the drink theme, I'm also obsessed with the Celestial Seasonings Watermelon Lime Zinger. It is really similar to the Tazo Passion, maybe slightly less sweet but it's my new go to when I'm not feeling water.
 

 

Lusting:


 
Considering adding these babies to my Christmas wishlist. I would never buy them for myself because I'm cheap but as a gift, sure!  I have a feeling Errol will veto them because he would really rather not add to my shoe problem but you never know.  I'm waffling between the pretty shiny ones or going the more practical route of black or brown.  The only thing I don't love is that bright blue on the back.  I like my outfits to match and feel like it will bother me. Anyone have any experience with these?  Are they as comfortable as everyone says?
 
What's up with you this month?  What are you loving or hating or shouting about from the rooftops?
 

 

5 comments:

  1. You're the 2nd person I've seen say that this season of AHS isn't so great. I haven't even started it yet (everything s on the DVR) and am wondering if I should just skip it. I have so many books I want to read, like right now. I wish I could read 2 books at the same time. Literally, at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're going to get expensive shoes, they might as well be shiny. Go all out!

    I rarely take that holiday week off because I've likely used all of my vacation by then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric and I tried watching AHS: Freak Show on Netflix and gave up after the 4th episode. It was really awful. I loved the first season, and the other seasons I watched were decent ... But that one? Nope. I may give Hotel a try once it comes to Netflix. We got rid of cable years ago, so we're always a season behind!

    I'm actually taking some time off during the week of Christmas this year, and that's something I haven't done in a really long time. We're flying out to spend the holiday with my family, though, so it was necessary. Like Steph said above, I've usually used all (or most) of my vacation time by that point, but I somehow managed to save enough this year (though we're given 2 days off for Christmas anyway). I do accrue time off, though, so I know how that feels ... Especially when you're just starting a new job. It seems to take forever at first, but eventually it's not too terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently I'm in the minority because I actually liked Freak Show, like a lot. In fact I've watched it twice since it hit Netflix. I liked it a heck of a lot more than I liked Asylum. I've only seen the first episode of Hotel mainly because I don't have cable so I have to wait until it hits Netflix or Hulu but I don't know I just wasn't that into it? Maybe it gets better later on? Gaga was pretty awesome in it though.

    I'm not actually allowed to take any time off during the holidays, because they're considered blacklist. but I often don't mind working the holidays because I get paid a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently I'm in the minority because I actually liked Freak Show, like a lot. In fact I've watched it twice since it hit Netflix. I liked it a heck of a lot more than I liked Asylum. I've only seen the first episode of Hotel mainly because I don't have cable so I have to wait until it hits Netflix or Hulu but I don't know I just wasn't that into it? Maybe it gets better later on? Gaga was pretty awesome in it though.

    I'm not actually allowed to take any time off during the holidays, because they're considered blacklist. but I often don't mind working the holidays because I get paid a lot more.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS