Monday, October 19, 2015

Stitch Fix #3

 
After having two fixes that were disappointments, I was debating on giving Stitch Fix another try. I left honest feedback on my order check out and I was surprised to get a personal email from them a few days later.  They offered to waive my styling fee if I was interested in trying another fix. I was impressed that they reached out to me based on my feedback. I've done customer service in the past so I kind of have a high bar when it comes to my expectations. They hit that bar with the unexpected personal contact.
This time around I still asked for some good work appropriate pieces. I wanted some fall transition items. Graphic and colorful blouses. Plaid. Non jean bottoms. Tunics to pair with leggings. Mustard and navy combo. Versatile cardigans. Army fatigue vest and Pixley blouses.

How It Works:

+Fill out the style profile and schedule your first fix.
+Pay $20 for the styling fee
+Receive your box with pieces hand selected by your stylist. You have 3 business days to decide what to keep and what to return. 
+The $20 styling fee is applied as a credit and will be deducted from the total of items kept. If you don't keep anything, you are out the $20. If you keep everything, you also get a 25% discount.
If you're interested, feel free to use my referral link. I'll receive a $25 discount if you schedule your first fix.
Try it here.
 

Le Lis Tilda Rhinestone Detail Sweater $48

Margaret M Emer Jacquard Print Front High Waisted Crop Pants $98


 
First off, this sweater was the softest material I have ever felt.  It was comfy and the fit was right on.  I came really close to keeping it but it was so not my color. It was not flattering at all since it was pretty much flesh colored. If the sweater had been in a different color, I would have kept it.
These pants...I got them in my last fix except in a different pattern. They sized down but I think they went two sizes this time. They fit but they were just a smidge too fitted in the waist. I liked this pattern better than the other ones but I'm just not paying $98 for printed pants.

41Hawthorn Kenny Faux Leather Trim Open Cardigan $88

 
I struggled hard core with keeping this sweater.  I immediately thought it was too bulky when I opened the box and saw it but I tried it on and loved it.  I loved the color and the hint of faux leather. I really wanted to keep this sweater but I own, with all honesty, 10 sweaters with this exact same design; meaning the drapey front. And I couldn't add another one for $88. If this had been around the $50 mark, it would have gone to live in my closet.  I'm still kind of regretting letting it go.

Pixley Stimson Button Down Top $58

 
 
I was so into this blouse until I saw the dreaded button gap. I loved that it was flannel and had a plaid pattern.  Plus it had subtle pattern mixing, which I love. And yes, I could have layered it but I'm not going to buy something if it doesn't fit properly.

Amour Vert Bonn Denim Knit Jacket $88

 
This was the hardest item for me to let go of. I fell in love with it the second I saw it but I knew immediately it wasn't going to get properly.  I have broad shoulders and always have a hard time with jackets. This jacket is my style to a T but the price is what killed it for me and the fact that it was snug.  I've seen this same style jacket at Target for $30. Also, I found this weird rock in one of the pockets. Is this a new freshener thing I'm not aware of? So this went back as well.

Overall Thoughts:

This box was the closest to my style that I've received. For the most part, I liked every item. I had a hard time letting go of the cardigan and jacket.  I felt like they gave me pretty much everything I asked for. It was hard for me to send everything back, especially because I didn't want to lose the styling fee but I don't want to just buy something to buy it. One thing that I thought was weird is that my stylist said they did not have any blouses or tunics that were my style right now. I thought that was a strange comment. But I liked how she mentioned that she looked at my blog and even referenced one of my posts.
I guess I'm a glutton for punishment because I am going to give them one more try.  I asked for a lot of the same thing I asked for last time.
"Specifically want items for work. Graphic/colorful blouses. Love jewel tones and bright pops of color. Plaid. Non jean pants; loved the fit of the Kut from the Kloth pants I received in one fix. I like my work pants to be more neutral colored or something I could pair with multiple things. No accessories this time please. Tunics to pair with leggings. Love mustard and fatigue/army color. Versatile cardigans. Any good leggings-black only."
Fingers crossed that this next one works out.  I should see it right before Thanksgiving. I can't believe I just referenced Thanksgiving as coming up soon...
Also, I woke up to this yesterday.  Just thought I would leave this hear so everyone knows what's coming.
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Gah! What a bummer! That open cardigan is beautiful, but I feel ya about the price tag. By the time your next fix comes in, you're going to need snow pants and parkas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I've seen a lot of Stitch Fix posts where people have loved items but the price tag was too much. I don't remember that ever being the case before so it makes me wonder why there's been more of an increase to pricier items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES TO SNOW!!!!! Seriously, I was so excited to see it snowing this weekend. New England weather is crazy this time of year. It's warm, windy, freezing cold with flurries, and maybe some rain... all in 72 hours. I'm iffy on this fix. I like the cardigan but I feel the drapey front ones just make me look big. I love the pants but $98? Absolutely not. I would have kept the sweater and worn it over different colored button-downs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahahaha at the rock. wtf?! i havent had a stitch fix in awhile because they don't know the meaning of 'as cheap as possible' lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope they get you next time!

    I would have a hard time keeping any of those pieces for the price too. Love the cardigan, but $88? No.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great costumer service but I hope you get something you love next time. I haven't signed up for the service because the prices are just too high for me. Wish you a better fix next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A rock? That is crazy! I've yet to commit to Stitch Fix, but your box was really fun with all the different items. Bummer about the plaid shirt, it's cute but definitely need things to fit the way you want. Good luck next time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um. Why on earth is there a rock in the pocket. That's really weird...

    I like that plaid flannel top but button gap is a no can do.

    Snow?! Can I have some?

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS