Thursday, October 8, 2015

Imperfection



Life is messy and so are people. Perfection means no flaws, no traits that are unique to you. It means that you always follow the rules and you are the same as the hundreds of other people that surround you each day. No thanks! Not all flaws are bad, nor are they all good.
Today I'm celebrating all the things that make me, me; good and bad.

// I have unruly curly hair.  Most days I don't embrace this but it's probably the thing I get complimented the most on, that is when I do actually wear it down.

// My laugh or cackle as someone referred to it yesterday is loud.  When I laugh, you know it. I don't make any apologies for it.

// I'm impatient. I'm like Veruca Salt that way. Truthfully, it's more in the sense of waiting, waiting for someone to get ready, waiting at an appointment, waiting for someone to provide information that you need at work.

// When I am reading something, I tune out the rest of the world.  It could be a book, a lengthy Instagram post or a flyer.  I don't even realize I'm doing it.  I've done it my whole life. It's probably my boyfriend's biggest pet peeve.

// I have a mustache I have to take care of every week. I was #blessed with black thick hair. Try not to be jealous.

// I'm opinionated. When we were in team building at work the other week, we were asked to write down three positive words that describe yourself and opinionated was one of mine.  The trainer was like but is that really a positive thing.  And I was like totally. The word opinionated gets a bad rap. I'm not going to push my views on anyone but I'm also going to speak my mind if I think I have something of value to say.

// I could be more empathetic. In the grand scheme of things, I care and I would consider myself a sensitive person, just not outwardly.  I will fiercely protect the people I love but when it's a trivial thing that someone is upset about, I find it hard to be empathic.

// When I get really pissed off/upset, I tend to cry.  I hate it.

// Most days, I don't floss.

What's a flaw of yours that you want to celebrate?

8 comments:

  1. I'm a crier to when I get pissed. I don't know why, but I know that I absolutely hate it. It is so embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't cry when I get pissed but I cry when I get frustrated.

    I am a loud, long cackler and 100% Veruca Salt. MFD calls me Veruca sometimes. It's bad.

    I'm not empathetic for stupid crap. Sorry, not sorry.

    I also have face hair issues but sorry, not celebrating those. LOL They are the worst PITA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 'stache, too. 'Stache friends unite! I am too lazy and only bleach or nair mine off about once a month. I like to focus on one thing, although I have trouble with it sometimes. When I am reading something, I don't want the TV on. Or if I'm watching TV, I don't want to have the computer up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nair mine about once a week or sometimes wax but why is lip waxing always the most painful!?

      I have to have some form of background noise, even when I sleep. The quiet is too distracting lol

      Delete
  4. i cry when i'm mad, upset (duh) or sick. It's weird. I rarely floss, my husband gets so mad at me lol. I don't think you should be more empathetic about trivial shit, I think I am very empathetic and I don't give 2 shits about trivial stuff hahaha. and opinionated is definitely positive! Can't believe that guy asked if it was positive, jerk! You were supposed to be team building, not team tearing each other down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally team opinionated! When I was in 10th grade, we were at a banquet and my dance team director called me opinionated. My mom got embarrassed. I was proud and took it as a badge of honor.
    My "flaws" that I embrace - I don't want to be "forced" to "act my age". What does that really mean anyway?; I can be difficult to read or easy to read depending on the situation and who is around; I cry at stupid stuff; I never had kids; I'm twice-divorced.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm extremely opinionated and I will always embrace that about myself. I don't think of it as a flaw at all :)

    I also have Tourettes and my tic I'd ridiculous hiccups. Sometimes super tiny and sound like a mouse squeak, other times very loud and high pitched. Friends often call me velociraptor because of them lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cry when I get frustrated. I also just cry a lot in general because many things affect me deeply (whether happy or sad).

    I'm also impatient and often loud (and not just when I laugh). Haha.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS