Friday, October 30, 2015

Fri-YAY 10.30.15 Blog Love Edition



Do you ever feel like you're failing at this whole blogging thing? I've pretty much felt that way since I started my new job. And I know blogging isn't supposed to feel like a job but when you're an overachiever and have high expectations for yourself, it's hard not to beat yourself up when you know you're not doing the best you could. One of my goals this fall was to blog consistently 3 times a week.  You know how many times I've blogged in the month of October? 7 times! But I didn't come here to be all Debby Downer.  I'm sure and I hope that other bloggers feel the same way every once and awhile so I thought I would send some love out to some of my favorite people I've "met" since starting this whole blogging thing 7 months ago.

Shay @ Great, Now What?

We started blogging at the same time and pretty much found each other from the beginning.  She always makes sure to comment on my posts and I truly appreciate it. I love how her posts read like you are talking to an old friend. She's the perfect mix of quicky and bubbly and it comes through in her posts. Her posts range from running to home DIY. She's always got something interesting to read about. She just celebrated her 100th blog post which I'm not going to lie, I am slightly jealous about.  I have some catching up to do! But such a great accomplishment/milestone!

Michael @ Crazy Tragic Almost Magic

Her and I have kitty twinsies and are both obsessed with our cats. She also shares my love of burgers and beer and has crazy curls like me. She's a fellow bookworm and book people tend to stick together.

Steph @ Life According to Steph

I read Steph before I started blogging but never really commented that much. I guess that makes me a lurker...I love her IDGAF attitude and that she's not afraid to speak her mind or cuss on her blog.  I feel like sometimes bloggers are afraid of offending someone or losing readers so they take the safe route but not her. I admire that because I am still trying to find my blog voice and how much or what I want to say about things. I also am genuinely impressed by the fact that she consistently has a post M-F, even when she's on one of her amazing adventures. And it's good, original stuff! She just fulfilled a huge dream of her's and I think that's amazing. I love celebrating the happy things in life. Plus she co-hosts my favorite link up, Show Us Your Books.

Kristen @ Divulge and Indulge

Number 1, her blog name is top notch but besides that fact, I love getting comments from Kristen. I don't know how she found me but I'm so glad she did. She's always got some amazing recipe she's sharing.  We also share a love of the dark and macabre.

Melissa @ Always Lissa

I only just recently started following and talking to Melissa. She had such kind words to say when my Gram passed away and I genuinely appreciated that she took the time to reach out to me and more than once. I thought it was such a sweet gesture since we really hadn't conversed that much. I love the openness in her writing. Bonus points because she's a baker.
 
What's one of your favorite blogs?
 
 
Linking up with A. Liz Adventure

&

Karli at September Farm
 

6 comments:

  1. I was totally blind to this post. I was like, 'oh! Shae sounds good, let's open that in another tab and check her out'... ::continues reading:: wait! That's me!!!

    Rose, you're so sweet! and I feel super special! excuse me while I go dance it out! Oreo appreciates the mention too. Probably more than me because he's a diva like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes to all of these! i love all of these ladies. also, you me and michael have cat triplets! right? haha my Penny looks kind of the same ;) and i am way too in love with my cats as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Rose, this was an awesome thing to read and a really nice surprise.

    And I'm not familiar with your first or last reads, so I'm off to see what they're about. I like when people tell me who they like so I might like them too!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recommendations. I am familiar with a couple, and totally agree, so I'm off to check out a couple more :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goody! More people ton read up on. And I think 7 posts full of real content is a heck of a lot better than 17 posts with zero content. I always set a number of blogs to write each months and.... It isn't there quite yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post seriously made my day! Thank you so much for the shoutout!

    I'm not sure how I found you either ... I'm thinking it was through a link-up, though. That's how I've discovered several of my favorite bloggers. I'm glad I found you as well!

    I'm familiar with a couple of these (besides myself, of course), but I'll have to check out the others. I love blog recommendations!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS