Tuesday, September 15, 2015

N I N E



Nine years ago today, Errol and I went on our first date. I don't think either of us would have guessed that we'd be where we are now, sharing and building a life together. I could never put into words how thankful I am for him. As corny as it sounds, I know that he's my better half. No one ever has a bad thing to say about him.  Me?  I'm more the extreme.  I know that I'm not everyone's cup of tea but him? People genuinely like him. He's the first person I want to tell any news to, good or bad.  He makes our house feel like a home. He's the person I want to make proud. Chitty and I's lives are better with him in it.

Errol,
Thank you for choosing to share your life with me.  Thank you for bringing me back down to earth when my heads in the clouds. For making me face the harsh truths, even when I don't want to. Thank you for indulging my whims, with a little begging. Thank you for trying my recipes because you know I love to experiment. Thank you for loving Chitty almost as much as me. Thank you for being a better housekeeper/house-husband than me. Thank you for being my conscience when mine might have lapsed. Thank you for always making me want to be a better person.  But most importantly, thank you for loving me.

 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!

    I am also the one that is not everyone's cup of tea while MFD is genuinely liked all around. It works for us! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Happy Anniversary to you and Errol! I love your letter to him. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is actually one of the loveliest anniversary posts that I've read in bloggerland. Wonderful that you guys have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this is so sweet! And wonderfully personal and loving letter to him. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! Happy anniversary!

    My husband is also a better housekeeper than I am. I guess we all need someone to balance us out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary to your family!!! Doesn't it feel good to be in a good relationship? I'm so thankful for mine after some doozies in the past. So great to find someone amazing.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS