Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Literary Ladies Book Challenge-Completed



So...I finished the challenge but with no time to spare.  I was literally reading up until the 21st. When I first decided to do the challenge, I was all like this will be a piece of cake.  Ten books in three months..psssh. Well somewhere in that three months time, my reading took a nosedive into deep space. Either I wasn't feeling the book I was reading or I didn't have the time or desire to read. I was literally reading the same book for over a month. I busted my butt to finish all the books because I can't not complete the challenge. I did have to rearrange some of the list because it became pretty apparent in August that I was behind and I could not be reading 500+ page books.
So what did I read?
 
1. A YA book (mandatory!) Me Since You by Laura Wiess
Read my review for this HERE
2. Non US Author  (mandatory!) - Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky
Read my review HERE
3. A book that was recommended by a blogger  (mandatory!) - The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
Read my review HERE
4. A book that has been on your TBR list for a year or more - The Gone-Away World by Nick Harkaway
Finished it this week. Review to come.
5. A book with a kickass female character -Fear of Flying by Erica Jong
Read my review HERE
6. A book that is or will be a movie (or TV show) - Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman
Read my review HERE
7. A book written by a comedian or celebrity – or even a memoir if neither of those are your jam. Scattershot: My Bipolar Family by David Lovelace
Read my review of this HERE
8. A book with a one word title. Freaked by JT Dutton
Just finished this on Monday night. Review to come.
9. A suspenseful book – a mystery, a thriller, a book about revenge! Skin by Ted Dekker
Read my review of this HERE
10. A book about Summer, with Summer in the title, or in any way related to Summer because this is a Summer challenge! Island of the Sequin Love Nun by Christopher Moore
Read my review HERE
 
How did you do with the challenge?
 

LITERARY LADIES

6 comments:

  1. I need to do this next year to branch out in
    What I read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay thanks so much for joining us! i hate when i am reading a crappy book because it makes me not want to read at all. i finished like the day before as well haha no shame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing!! Which one was the hardest to get through?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing the challenge! I feel like you described my experience exactly. I thought "hey, it'd be nice to create a challenge", did it with Kay and Kristen and then preceeded to read all 7 of the Harry Potter novels, 5 of which did not fit any of the categories, and then busted my ass to get all the reading done LOL.
    Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you were able to finish the challenge! I finished with a few days to spare, but I definitely had the same mindset going in that it was going to be easy (and it wasn't). My problem was that I kept getting distracted with other books. I was still reading a lot, but I probably should have been focusing on my reading challenge books (and not bringing home tons of books each week from the library that had nothing to do with this challenge).

    It sucks that some of your books weren't good enough to hold your interest. I really hate when that happens because I get kind of discouraged and don't even feel like reading at all.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS