Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Tea for Two

 
 
If we were having coffee (or tea if that's your jam)... I would be having an iced chai latte.  There's a place in town, Maia Papaya's, that has my favorite.
 
If we were having coffee... I would tell you that I'm not ready for summer to be over. With starting a new job and just life in general, it has gone by way to fast.
 
If we were having coffee... we'd talk about my second new job in a month. I think it's going to be a good fit and is exactly the challenge and fast paced environment that I'm looking for but I'm not going to lie.  It's been a hard transition.  And it wasn't just with this one.  It was hard at the other one too. I miss the people I worked with for the last seven years.
 
If we were having coffee... I'd hope that we were laughing. 
 
If we were having coffee... you would probably hear about how in less than a month, it will be Errol and I's 9 year anniversary. 9 years!?  It feels like we've been together forever and just met at the same time.  I cannot wrap my head around the fact that we have been together for practically a decade. That's pretty much a third of my life.
 
If we were having coffee... we might talk about my Gram.  She's not doing too well and I hate even saying this but it's only a matter of time.  My automatically reaction to something like this is to ignore it.  It's hard to acknowledge and accept what is happening.
 
If we were having coffee... you'd know that my summer bucket list might just turn into a Fall bucket list. 
 
If we were having coffee... I'd tell you about this really sweet movie I watched the other night, Seeking a Friend for the End of the World.
 
If we were having coffee... we'd leave with plans for our next one already made.
 


6 comments:

  1. I love this post! NEWer job! Wow! Good luck- I'm excited for you. I'll keep gram in my thoughts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these posts!

    Good thoughts to you and your Gram. Circle of life is just that - but it doesn't mean it isn't hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute post! Good luck with your new job and I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary to you two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nine years is a great accomplishment. My thoughts are with your Gram. None of my grandparents are with us anymore, and I miss the times with them that all too often I took for granted. Black tea for me, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the new job works out for you. Transitions can be really tough, especially when you previously spent so much time in one place.

    Happy (early) anniversary! My husband and I have been together a little over 8 years (though we'll only be celebrating our second wedding anniversary this year), and I agree that it feels like forever and not that long at the same time. It also makes me feel old because I wasn't really THAT young when we met (22). Haha.

    I'm so sorry to hear about your Gram. I know how hard it can be to just "wait and see" when you know someone you love isn't doing well. I'll keep her (and you!) in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS