Monday, August 31, 2015

Second Stitch Fix

This is my second Stitch Fix.  I requested blouses and/or nicer cotton shirts.  I also said I like pattern and wanted some non-jean pants. 

How It Works:

+Fill out the style profile and schedule your first fix.
+Pay $20 for the styling fee
+Receive your box with pieces hand selected by your stylist. You have 3 business days to decide what to keep and what to return. 
+The $20 styling fee is applied as a credit and will be deducted from the total of items kept. If you don't keep anything, you are out the $20. If you keep everything, you also get a 25% discount.
If you're interested, feel free to use my referral link. I'll receive a $25 discount if you schedule your first fix.
Try it here.
 

Margaret M Emer Print High Waisted Cropped Pant $98 

 

 When I first opened my box and saw these pants, I immediately thought I wouldn't like them. But they were so comfy.  The material was perfect.  They had some stretch and were slim fitting but almost had a chino feel. The pattern was very subtle. I would have seriously contemplated keeping these if they weren't a size too big.  They were literally falling down walking from the house to outside. So disappointed.
 

Collective Concepts Esten Button-up Sleeveless Blouse $54

 
Ehh...I just didn't think there was anything special about this top. My stylist said this was a top seller and I was surprised by that. I thought the quality was not worth the price.  Just about every button got caught around some thread when I was unbuttoning it.  I had specifically requested some pattern in my tops. I want expect to receive unique items and I felt like I could have got a version of this top many places.
 

19 Cooper Bertona Split Neck Top $58

Kut From the Kloth Siena Cropped Pant $58

 
I loved the patterns in this top when I initial saw it. Unfortunately, it was a tank and the pattern/stripe mix was not flattering.
Ugh, these pants!  I wish soo bad that they were in a different color! I disliked the dusty blue color so much.  It's definitely not a color I would ever pick in a pant. I loved that they were cropped.  They were comfortable and the fit was good.

Gilli Jodie Textured Skirt $58

 
 
In theory, I love this skirt.  It was the perfect length for work and it has this cute nautical vibe. The fabric was a little thick. I was on the fence with this one. I actually liked the outfit I quickly threw together and it would look good with a mustard colored top, black tights and boots.
 

Overall Thoughts:

I was soooo disappointed with this fix.  I was hoping for some great fall transition pieces and I felt like I got the leftover summer clearance.  Two tanks and some awful colored pants? I'm going to try one more time in a few weeks but that's it.  If I don't get an item I was to keep, I'm out.

In fact, I was so disappointed in this fix, I had to buy some Kendra Scott earrings from my Rocksbox. You can see them with the first two outfits.  They are the Elle Earrings in Slate Cat's Eye. The first three people to use code ROSEBFF1 will get a free month of Rocksbox. 
I've received 12 boxes so far.  I love getting different jewelry pieces several times a month.  If I get a great necklace, I try to plan my outfit around it.  I like that it makes me use my wardrobe in different ways. 
 


6 comments:

  1. 2 bummers in a row! I'm
    Surprised! Hopefully they pull
    Out the big guns next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when they don't listen to what I ask for, like why even ask then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pants would have been out for me at $98 (what the what?!) but I do the love the way you styled them! That tank was an immediate letdown as soon as I saw it, so I'm in complete agreement with you. HATE that patterned top. I mean, no words. Just like you said, the stripes/pattern don't go at all. I do like the pants though, and I'ma HUGE fan of Kut from the Kloth. They always fit like a dream. As for the skirt, you're killing me! I definitely would have kept that! I'll be asking for that next time. Pair that will cognac boots, tights, light weight sweater? Perfect fall outfit!

    Otherwise, I'm really sorry to hear you keep being disappointed. It took me 4tries before I started getting boxes I always enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, how did the skirt fit? Zip up, elastic? numerical sizes or S/M/L?? Seriously, I'm requesting it :)

      Delete
  4. This is why I'm hesitant to try Stitch Fix. I feel like I can be so picky when it comes to clothing, and I know I'd be annoyed if they just sent a bunch of things that weren't really what I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Stitch Fix posts! My boss gets one and she got those black pants (and kept them) and I think she has gotten the same style in several colors. So, if you like them, let them know and maybe ask for a new size? The skirt was super cute, too!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS