Monday, August 10, 2015

My First Stitch Fix

I received my first Stitch Fix on Friday. I specifically requested items to be worn at work in a business casual environment. And while I didn't keep anything, the items I did get were pretty much my style work-wise and in the direction of what I was looking for.

How It Works:

+Fill out the style profile and schedule your first fix.
+Pay $20 for the styling fee
+Receive your box with pieces hand selected by your stylist. You have 3 business days to decide what to keep and what to return. 
+The $20 styling fee is applied as a credit and will be deducted from the total of items kept. If you don't keep anything, you are out the $20. If you keep everything, you also get a 25% discount.
If you're interested, please use my referral link. I'll receive a $25 discount if you schedule your first fix.
Try it here.

My Fix:

First off, I want to say I was super impressed with the packaging, branding and overall presentation.  Everything was wrapped nicely and color coordinated.  I appreciate when a company thinks of those little things.  Since the items you receive are supposed to be a surprise, it's nice to unwrap everything.
Sweet Rain Gilden Crew Neck Blouse $44
This top was not flattering on me.  Stripes can be hit or miss for me.  It all depends on the way the stripes are. I did like the back detail.  I thought it was a complete button back but there is only one button at the top.  If I saw this shirt in a store, I would have probably tried it on.
Donna Morgan Kellen Dress $64
This dress was definitely not my style. I was not a fan of the material (rayon) or the pattern.  It kind of seemed like a dress for someone older.  As you can see, it was not flattering at all and much too short to be work appropriate. I do not like dresses where I feel like I have to wear Spanx just to feel "comfortable" and I say that lightly because we all know Spanx is not comfortable.  It's up there with tights/pantyhose.
41Hawthorn Filbert 3/4 Sleeve Popover Blouse $58
Just Black Adorra Skinny Jeans $88
Island Designs Levant Wavy Laser Cut Earrings $28
I came really close to keeping the blouse.  I absolutely loved the color and the sleeve detail but I had also went shopping this weekend and bought 5 blouses so decided to hold off.  The shirt was a couple centimeters too small in the chest and I hate button gaps.
These jeans fit like a glove. I loved the wash and the stretch was perfect.  Just enough that they weren't going to stretch and get baggy the longer you wear them. I'm not in the market for jeans right now since I can't wear them to work and they were slightly too long.  You can't see it in the photo because I bunched them up but they didn't look right with any shoes because of the length.  I needed to loose a good inch off the inseam for them to be right.
The laser cut earrings were perfect.  They were lightweight and would go with a lot of things. But I definitely don't need earrings.

Overall Thoughts:

I have my next box coming the end of the month.  I requested more blouses for work both cotton and otherwise and some non-jean pants. I also went and added some work type outfits to my Pinterest style board so they can see what I'd like. So even though I returned everything, I don't count it a loss.  The items that my stylist picked weren't completely off my style so I consider that a win for my first fix.
Have you tried Stitch Fix?  What did you think?


5 comments:

  1. I love the color of that last blouse, but I agree with you- I HATE button gaps. Good for you for having enough self control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that third outfit! I think it looks great on you. I was sad when I saw the button gap in the lower picture (grrrr, hate those!). They were definitely on the right train though! That colors looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really liked that outfit too. I kind of regret returning the blouse because I loved everything else except the button gap. I love teal and jewel toned colors on me.

      Delete
  3. We've discussed this previously, but I think they did well for your first fix. Aside from the dress. That's just not a good dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the popover last month but returned it. I didn't like the way it fell on me. Ditto your comments on the dress... And the tank. I also have a pair of JustBlack pants. They're so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS