Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Love It or Leave It

 

Love It

// I have my first Stitch Fix coming August 8th.  I've been on the fence about it but since I'm looking for some new work clothes, I thought I would give it a shot.  I hope the quality is on par with the prices.
 
// I've been splurging and getting pedicures with one of my girlfriends every other week.  I have one scheduled for today.  I usually only get one once a season but I'm loving the treat. We've been sneaking wine in coffee cups and grabbing dinner afterwards. Girl time is good for the soul.
 
// I've got some regular readers/commenters around here.  You know who you are.  Just know you are muchly appreciated. I love seeing the emails from you.
 
// My Chitty has been such a snuggle bug lately. It's been almost a year since he found us.  It feels like he's been part of our family forever.
(Sidenote: I always feel weird calling my two person unit a family.)
 
 

Leave It

// The humidity this week and also the fact that it seems like most weekends this summer when I've set my heart on doing some sort of activity, the weather is calling for thunderstorms all weekend.  It's nice all week and then crappy on the weekend. Can't a girl get a break.  How am I supposed to complete my summer bucket list?
 
// My lack of creativity. I've read some killer blog posts lately and I guess I'm having a hard time finding my "voice" and something interesting/inspiring to write about. I like writing fun posts but I also want to write unique and thought provoking posts that create discussions.  Where do you find your inspiration?
 
// Reading lately. Either I'm just not into it or I'm not into the books I'm reading.  I dunno. I've read four books this month. Four. And I'm still reading the fourth...since the 16th.
 
// Early bedtimes.  I'm a total night owl and I would generally stay up to around midnight on work nights.  But since my work day starts earlier now, I have to go to bed around 10:30-11. It's kind of cramping my style.
 
What are you loving right now?
 


8 comments:

  1. TELL ME WHEN YOU FIND YOUR INSPIRATION! AND THEN LET ME STEAL IT :) I'm pretty sure everything I write starts with 'I'm sorry'. Can't wait to see your stitch fix review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DIE humidity. RAGE over the heat.

    I had to kick Stitch Fix to the curb. It did not work out for me.

    I have been over pedicuring this year and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, even going to bed at 10:30 is hard for me! It really sucks, I'm like you. I'm generally up until Midnight. Anything earlier is not only cramping my style but difficult!

    A 2-person unit can definitely be a family! And when you add a pet, it's automatically one, duh. :)

    I'll be interested to see what you think about Stitch Fix. I see it everywhere but it just seems like a ploy to spend money on things you don't need (which I'm sure is the goal of a company, lol). However, some of the clothes have been really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, definitely a ploy. That's 100% the reason I've been holding out and because I haven't really needed clothes. I would be buying just to buy but since now I do need some stuff, I thought I would give it a try. I specifically requested office appropriate clothes.

      I'm glad to see the general consensus is that a family can be two people and a kitty :)

      Delete
  4. Here is a long list of blog post ideas (it's on a mommy blog, but many of the ideas are not related to parenting): http://www.kludgymom.com/idea-bank/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your two person unit plus Chitty is a family. Don't feel weird calling it one. I am so inconsistent with my reading as well. I haven't read as many books this month either. But, the books I've read, a couple of them have been those kind that I don't prefer to dive into a gobble up. I like to think and read it slowly. For instance, right now I'm reading Middlesex, and you've mentioned to me it is a fave of yours. I am invested in these characters' stories, but it is not a book that I am gobbling. It just would feel right to me to race through it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I can relate to so much of this!

    I'd never gotten a pedicure until this year (crazy, I know), but now I get them on a semi-regular basis. It's definitely not a necessity, but it's so nice and relaxing!

    I love getting comments too. I get so excited when I can engage with people who are actually reading something I've written!

    I hate summer because of the heat and humidity. Oh, and the bugs. I hate them too.

    I feel like sometimes I have a million post ideas, and other times I can't come up with anything. I actually wrote a post on inspiration earlier this year. I feel like I haven't written any serious, thought-provoking posts in a while, though. I'd like to change that, but I've just been in the mood to write about other things lately.

    I was just thinking that I've been in kind of a reading slump lately. I'm still reading a decent amount, but not as much as I'd like. I feel like it's taking me forever to get through the book I'm reading now, and it's only 201 pages long! I don't hate it, but I haven't been able to really get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with you on the creativity issue. I get all these great ideas for blogs or see others ideas and then sit down and it all flys out my head. That might have something to do with feeling overworked and not having a constant sleep schedule. But who knows.

    Comments are always fantastic. I'm still trying to find my spot in the blogging world so comments tend to be rare, especially since I cannot blog regularly (see above lol) and I love and treasure all my comments.

    I'm loving the summer days (though the 95 degree days aren't my favorite, especially when I walk home), spending days at the water and trying out new no-churn ice cream recipes.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS