Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Currently 7.7.15

My Chitty is obsessed with our peony bushes almost as much as I am.

THINKING:

That I only have two weeks left at my current job. I just put in my notice today and it was very bittersweet.  I've worked at my current company for 7 years and I absolutely love my job and the people I work with but since I'm not going to relocate with my job, it was something that had to be done. During this whole process, I was constantly reminded about how far hard work and a positive attitude go. Even if you don't think so, people notice when you go that extra step. I can't tell you how amazing/rewarding it feels when your current employer is fighting to keep you. 

READING:

 
This is one of my picks for the Literary Ladies Summer Reading Challenge.  It's classic Christopher Moore.  If you haven't read him, he's along the same lines as Carl Hiaasen or Tom Robbins.  Very funny, tongue in cheek humor.  He's probably best know for Lamb: The Gospel According to Bif. It's good light reading.  This is my fourth read for the challenge.  So far, the other three books were misses for me.  Actually the last four books I've read in general have been not so good.  I'm liking this one so far so hopefully my reading slump is starting to pick up.

WATCHING:


This show started two weeks ago on USA and I'm slowly becoming obsessed.  The third episode is on Wednesday so you still have time to catch up.  Elliot is a hacker with social anxiety who is recruited by a hacker anarchist group, think Anonymous, to help take down Evil Corp and right the wrongs of the world. Go watch it now.
 

ANTICIPATING:

Our annual canoe trip the end of July.  This will be our fifth year going and I'm so excited.  It's a weekend full of camping, drinking and floating down the river in our canoes.  I literally have no pictures from any of the years.  I'm always having way to much fun and embarrassing myself.  Maybe this year I will get a picture or two.

LOVING:

 
This boy I get to do life with.  This is from the other weekend when we went disc golfing.  I love doing new things with him and just savoring the time I get to spend with him.  Life sure is better with him around.

PLANNING:

On getting a planner...haha see what I did there?  With the start of my new job, I want to start using a planner instead of relying on my calendar and hand written to do lists for every aspect of my life.  I think it's time to consolidate.  Any recommendations?  I've been thinking about either one from May Designs or I'm going to wait until the 15th and order one of the new Day Designers.

LUSTING:

 
 


 These Birks.  I've been wavering back and forth on purchasing these.  I know I would wear them all the time but I mean, do I really need more sandals? I think I need to reward myself on something.

SEEING:

 
These gorgeous wildflowers in my front yard. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Give me wildflowers over roses any day.
 

 

9 comments:

  1. I love your wildflowers. I'm totally scattering some of those seed packets at my next house. I have no room at the current one.

    It really is nice when your employer wants you to stay. Bittersweet ending for sure. I wish you the best in your new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sentence is so cute! "This boy I get to do life with." I love that. Glad you have someone who makes you happy!

    Also, I totally feel you on the job sentiment. They say that attitude is what resonates most with the people you work around and has a huge effect on how they feel about you as a colleague. Enjoy your bittersweet last two weeks! New adventures are always exciting.

    And your cat is too cute. I really want a cat!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I totally agree about the attitude thing. No one likes a negative nancy!

      Delete
  3. I am obsessed with Mr. Robot! (Actually writing about it in my next post too.) It's not my normal type of show but it's so riveting that I can't resist it. It's a really complex show too with lots of great acting and camera work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo with you & your dude is a cute one! The words you shared about him are really sweet. Feeling valued by our employer is such a great feeling. I think many people are unhappy in their jobs because employers take their employees for granted or don't show them they are valued and appreciated. No one wants to bust their ass for no recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried reading Love Sucks by CM and I just couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll give him another try. I still can't get over how much Chitty looks like my Oreo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your job. You are fortunate to have had an appreciative employer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leaving a job has always been bittersweet for me. Even in cases when I didn't love it, I always liked some aspect (the people, the location, etc.). I think it's great that you're leaving on a high note, though, knowing you're appreciated. I hope you have a smooth transition into your next job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really is so nice when you love where you work and feel valued. I've heard good things about Mr. Robot. I need to check it out! I bought myself two pairs of Birks last month! I was really into Dr. Marten sandals when Birks were popular the first time around, so I feel like I'm making up for lost time. Haha! I justified it because my podiatrist recommended them for high arches. Doctor's orders! Haha!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS