Monday, June 22, 2015

Literary Ladies Summer Reading Challenge: Book List


I love any link up that has to do with books.  And it seems other people do too because my book post are by far my most popular and viewed posts.  When Kristen announced the Literary Ladies link up and I saw the category list, I knew this was a challenge I could complete.  I don't usually have a reading tbr list per se, I usually stick to what I feel like reading at that moment but since this link up takes place over a few months, I won't feel pressured to only read those books.


Basic Rules:
  • The Literary Ladies book challenge will run from June 21, 2015 until September 21, 2015. Only books read during that time will count. 
  • There are 10 categories to be completed. Once you complete all 10 reading all of the books necessary to satisfy each category, you have won.
  • You are allowed 2 rereads for this challenge in order to be considered for the prizes. 
  • Switching around books from your preliminary list is fine, but you can only use a book once to satisfy one category.
  • All books must be 200 pages in length. If you are listening to your books, be sure that it complies accordingly. 
  • The first 3 categories are mandatory. But if you do not like one or two of the other 7 categories, you can skip it and replace it with one of our book club picks! You can do this twice.
My Books:  

1. A YA book (mandatory!) Me Since You by Laura Wiess
2. Non US Author  (mandatory!) - Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky
3. A book that was recommended by a blogger  (mandatory!) - Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
4. A book that has been on your TBR list for a year or more - The Gone-Away World by Nick Harkaway
5. A book with a kickass female character -Fear of Flying by Erica Jong
6. A book that is or will be a movie (or TV show) - Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman
7. A book written by a comedian or celebrity – or even a memoir if neither of those are your jam. Scattershot: My Bipolar Family by David Lovelace
8. A book with a one word title. Dedication by Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Krauss
9. A suspenseful book – a mystery, a thriller, a book about revenge! Skin by Ted Dekker
10. A book about Summer, with Summer in the title, or in any way related to Summer because this is a Summer challenge! Island of the Sequin Love Nun by Christopher Moore


11 comments:

  1. I have Outlander on my list, too (though for a different challenge)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I stayed up like a mad woman last night trying to finish a thriller, but am paying for the lack of sleep this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling! I read a whole trilogy in like 4 days last week because they were so good. I stayed up way past my bedtime but couldn't put them down.

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of most of these. I did read Outlander a while back, and while the beginning was awesome, I definitely had some issues with parts of the book. But it seems like I'm the odd man out, since everyone else loves it. I'll be interested to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive read orange is the new black and I thought it was a good read, though not everyone I know loved it. I want to read fear of flying!! Great choices and thanks for joining up with us for the challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Ted Dekker books were recommended to me, and they aren't available in the Sydney library, so I forgot about them. I probably need to look at amazon.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me Since You has been on my list to read for awhile now. Hope its a good one. Skin sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me Since You hadn't even crossed my radar, but now after reading the synopsis, I must read it. It actually sounds a lot like the book club book of the month, Saint Anything, so I expect both of them to be good.
    Thanks for joining the challenge. ... oh and for the recommendation too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it bad I've never heard of any of these titles? It makes me feel out of the literary loop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suite Francaise and Island of the Sequined Love Nun both sound great in very different ways! :) Haha I really want to read Outlander as well. :) XO -Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I'm a little late commenting on this post, but better late than never!

    I'd never heard of Me Since You before reading this post, so I looked it up on Goodreads. I don't love YA, but I've recently found myself adding a few YA novels to my "To Read" list because they sounded interesting. This one has just made the list.

    I also want to read Orange is the New Black even though I still haven't made it through the first season of the show. I really liked it, but I started watching it back when I was planning my wedding and didn't have a ton of extra time to devote to binge watching Netflix. Now I don't really remember a lot of it, so I'd have to start over from the beginning (but that's not really a bad thing).

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS