Thursday, May 14, 2015

How You Feel When Hiking a Mountain

 
Hiking is probably one of my very favorite hobbies, besides reading of course.  This will be my third summer season out on the trails and I haven't looked back since.  I do some winter hiking here and there but I really don't have the gear for it so I stick to familiar low elevation trails during the winter. The main issue I have with hiking is finding and coordinating a time to go with someone.  I had one friend that I used to go with all the time but since that one time, when she broke her leg at the top of a frickin mountain, I kinda refuse to hike with her again.  But that's a story for a different day. 
 
The night before a big hike, you plan my outfit and put together your backpack and snacks. Then this is you the rest of the night, waiting for the morning.
 
lying in bed zach braff gif
 
Your alarm goes off and you spring out of bed, which if your like me is not normal.  I'm more a hit snooze three times kind of girl.
 
Reactions Rachel Berry animated GIF
 
Usually you're ready before you need to be so you sit and watch the clock.  Maybe double check that you have enough water and snacks.
 
Bored Dude animated GIF
 
Finally, you get to the trailhead and we begin the adventure.
 
Reaction Celebs animated GIF
 
Even though it's several miles to the top, you start off like you're in a race. You're just so happy to be out there and in nature.
 
Movies Running animated GIF
 
Then it's time to stop for a water break.
 
Drinking Requested animated GIF
 
Everything's going good. The birds are singing and the winds blowing. 
 
Nature Summer animated GIF
 
Then comes the steep hill.
 
Ugh Drama animated GIF
 
Then it's one big long never ending hill to the top, which you can't even see.
 
Jon Stewart Dead animated GIF
 
You walk 100 feet.  Stop. Walk 100 more. You start reasoning with yourself.  If I can just make it to that tree up there, I can have a drink of water.  You still can't see the top.
 
Sherlock Dying animated GIF
 
You make it to the top of the hill.  You think you're done...and then you see another hill.
 
Ugh animated GIF
 
But finally, the trees part and you see it.  Vast open skies as far as the eye can see.
 
Sex Wants animated GIF
 
And you are rewarded with views like this.
 
 
Or this
 
 
And it makes it all worth it. You remember why you hike in the first place.  You reward yourself with lunch and start the trek back down the mountain and hope this doesn't happen.
 
Fail Fall animated GIF
 
By the time you reach the bottom, you're already planning your next hike.
 
 


6 comments:

  1. I should get out and hike more often! This was a nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! Gifs get me every time. Also are those your 'top of hike' pictures- GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I don't use them enough! And yup, top of the mountain pictures provided by yours truly.

      Delete
  3. I used to think hikers were crazy. Why would you want to do that? Then my ex-bf made me do it once and the entire time I kept thinking "Why?" Then we got to the top and it all made sense. Seeing those views and feeling that accomplishment is all the reasons why. Now I love hiking and look to plan trips around it even.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Buzzfeed vibe of this post, really cute and oh so very true!!! Hiking is such a blissful way to spend the day. It's truly unparalleled in terms of weekend exercise and soul feeding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...so good for your soul while not feeling like exercise.

      Delete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS