Thursday, April 2, 2015

Goodbye, Hello

 
March is always a tough month for me.  It's not winter but it's not quite spring yet either.  The weather can't decide if it wants to snow, rain, sleet or all three. April is truly when the snow starts to melt and you see buds on trees.  I don't know about where you are but here, we still have snow covering the majority of the ground.  The big thaw is right around the corner and with that brings mud season.  In no time, my road will be a rutty mess.
 
I also find it hard to celebrate Easter when there is snow on the ground.  To me, Easter is a spring holiday.  It begs of Easter egg hunts outside, tulips just barely blooming and spring dresses.
 
I got my inspiration from today's post from Erin at Love, Fun & Football.
 
Goodbye// big winter jacket
Hello// afternoons on my porch after work
 
Goodbye// crock pot
Hello// hamburgers on the grill
 
Goodbye// having to warm my car up in the morning
Hello// lilacs.  I love your smell
 
Goodbye// DVR
Hello// outdoor air
 
Goodbye// snow boots
Hello// sandals
 
Goodbye// seat warmers.  See you next year!
Hello// windows down, music up & wind in my hair
 
Goodbye// sweaters and layers
Hello// tee shirts and dresses
 
Goodbye// dreary & white landscape
Hello// green grass and bare feet
 
Goodbye// cross country skiing
Hello// hiking!!!  You've been missed my friend
 
What are you saying goodbye/hello to?


 


2 comments:

  1. This is great! I love the format. I will never say goodbye to my beloved crock pot though. How about goodbye dry skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, dry skin! How could I forget that?! It's been the bane of my existence this winter because our house has hard water.

      I use my crock pot occasionally during the summer but definitely not as often as the winter. I also find that a lot of my go to crock pot recipes are more hearty comfort type of foods which are perfect for winter but not really what I'm looking for in summer.

      Delete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS