Friday, April 10, 2015

Fri-YAY! 4.10.15


Can I just say that I am so sick of seeing snow.  It snowed twice this week with about 1-2 inches of accumulation each time.  Does Mother Nature not know that it is April? It doesn't help that 3/4 of the rest of the country can see their ground and is posting trees blooming and flowers budding on Instagram. At this rate, I think it's going to be May before I see green grass. It's fine. I'm fine.
Moving on...

O N E//
 Did you notice my pretty new social media buttons? I actually added them myself from Carrie Loves.  Ok, so I watched her tutorial and did it but still.  Progress, people! I didn't want to link my Pinterest page yet because it is just such a mess right now. I've been wanting to rearrange and start fresh because the boards really aren't set the way I want them and I have things double pinned. Also, I don't have Facebook or Twitter so yeah, I can't link to those.  I probably am part of the 0.001% that don't have Facebook. And neither does my boyfriend. I just don't feel the need for one and Twitter...? Well, I'm on my phone enough as it is.  I don't need another time suck.

T W O//
This song right meow. And the video is really cute too.  It's insanely catchy.  If I hear it once, I find myself singing it the rest of the day.

T H R E E//
I made this recipe for the second time, this week and it was a good as I remember.  Errol isn't the biggest fan but he'll eat it. But that's because he isn't really partial to ground turkey.  If I made this with ground beef he would be much happier but I like it with the turkey.  I think if you made it with hamburg, it would be good but I think the flavor of the meat would overpower the other flavors.  The turkey absorbs the other flavors and you really get the full flavor.  The only thing I changed is I added more than a pinch of red pepper flakes because I wanted a little more heat. I had half a pepper and a small salad for dinner and it was filling.
Via Ambitious Kitchen




F O U R//
This book. I technically finished it last week but I've still been thinking about it.  I'll have more about it on my Show Us Your Books post next week but if you are a fan of Stephen King books, you must pick this one up.  It had suspense, imagination and creepiness. Definitely check it out.  It's not like anything else out there.
F I V E//
I've been linking up with Helene's #30photosinbetween April challenge on Instagram here and there.  This was my photo for yesterday's word play theme.
Any fun things for you planned this weekend?


Linking up with A. Liz Adventure
&

Karli at September Farm

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh- that book... I will have to add it to my list. I have to start and finish a book by Wednesday for my book club- whoops :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that song is super catchy! I've never heard it before. I like it!

    And I LOVE stuffed peppers, one of my go-to meals. So good (and pretty too).

    Fri-Yay indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beware! You will have the chorus stuck in your head all day.
      I like a good stuff pepper and there are so many variations you can do.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the buttons! Twitter and Facebook, you are not missing much! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that book sounds super interesting! good job on the buttons and i just love stuffed peppers too, totally agree about turkey being better because it absorbs the flavours without overpowering! yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if you like anything dark and creepy, you should give it a try!

      Delete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS