Friday, April 17, 2015

Fri-YAY! 4.17.15


I think it's safe to say that spring might have finally reached us here in NH.  The weather was decent every day and a couple days it was even in the upper 60's.  I can't even tell you how nice it is. I've sat out on our front porch most nights reading, waiting for Errol to get home from work.  I had the doors wide open, even Chitty has been enjoying it.  Since the weather has been so nice, I've been leaving him outside while I'm at work.  I think the whole family had a slight case of cabin fever. Now if my door yard would just dry up so I didn't have to wear boots to work, that would be great. What a difference a week of nice weather makes though.
Onto Friday favorites.

O N E//
I just want to talk about my post for Steph's link up of Show Us Your Books. I had more comments on that post than any of my other posts so far.  I love it!  I loved interacting with everyone and talking about one of my favorite things, books!
 The past few months I have been working on reading all the books that I own that I haven't read.  I've kinda self imposed a book buying ban because I literally have a full bookcase of books I haven't read.  But it's so hard because there are so many amazing sounding books that come out every week. Just so you can understand the amount of books I own but have not read, I've included a picture.  It's packed. My system, so I don't get overwhelmed by all the choices, has been to just read books from one shelf.  I'm still on the first shelf.  I'm definitely a mood reader so I need atleast some kind of choice.
 

T W O//
So now that the weather is finally getting nicer, I have been in full blown spring cleaning mood and at the top of my list is our screened in porch.  I have a indoor/outdoor rug that I got with a blue and green pattern that I am trying to use as the jumping off point.  I've been scouring Pinterest for inspiration and some diy projects.

Via
I love the trunk that has been repurposed as a side table.  I love the eclectic mix of decorative accessories.  This is pretty much what I'm looking for as a patio set as well.  Plus a separate little table area so we can eat dinners out there. I like the one below.  It seems like a pretty simple project.  Obviously no umbrella since it's on a porch.

Via
 
Via

I love this.  I love the bright, colorful, airy feel it has.  I like that the rug is the strong point.  I love fun graphic designs.  My porch is wood so I'm leaning towards light color furniture.  Also because I love the contrast of the light against the bright colors in the rug I'm using.

T H R E E//

This is one of my all time favorite songs. When the weathers nice, I love to put this on with the volume cranked and the windows down and just sing along at the top of my lungs.  I love Steve Miller Band and the last couple days have been listening to this station on Pandora. You can't not be happy when you listen to their music.
 

 F O U R//

Shay at Great! Now What? referenced these recipes last week and they looked so good that I had to add them to my meal plan this week.  We even broke our grill out for the season to make the chicken kebobs. Both the kebobs and salad were so good.  At her suggestion, I used the left over bean salad over my greens for lunches this week.  The only thing I added was some seasoned grilled chicken for some protein. The kebobs had a good spice to them.  I added some extra sriracha sauce and slightly less lime because I wasn't sure how strong it would be.  Both of these were definite winners!

Honey, Lime & Sriracha Chicken Skewers via Once Upon a Chef 

 
F I V E// 





 My Insta snaps of the week.
porch sitting & drinking//motivation//colorful life & #treatyoself//big ass salad//porch sitting & drinking vol 2//breakfast at the Water Wheel


I have a big to do list to tackle this weekend.  Wish me luck that I get even half of it done.


Linking up with A. Liz Adventure

&

Karli at September Farm


4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! I love that you tried the recipes! I'm glad they passed the test :)
    ALL UNREAD BOOKS IN THAT BOOKSHELF! Wow! That is awesome- how will you start the process of what next to read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thanks for the recommendation! :)
      I have just been going shelf by shelf. Right now, I'm only limiting my choice to the first shelf. So anything on there passed on my mood.

      Delete
  2. Good job on the book reading!!! I love having books to read but it can be overwhelming storing them at times! You do not need to spend money on books for awhile I see!

    And i dream of someday having a screened porch. I would love it for winter and summer. They are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, storing and more importantly, moving them! I have more boxes of anything else when we move. That's the only time I consider that I might have a problem ;-)

      Delete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS