Monday, March 16, 2015

Weekending

Another day, another dollar.  Friday afternoon I met my mom for lunch.  One of the churches in our area does an annual fish chowder luncheon for Lent.  While my family doesn't observe Lent, we always attend the luncheon at least once.  It started when I was younger with my Gram.  Sometimes she would spoil me and take me out of school on a Friday afternoon so we could go.  It was something I always looked forward to.  They serve chowder, sandwiches and homemade pie. 

Saturday we went over to see Errol's family.  It was his Gram's 75th birthday.  She requested that we not do presents so we brought over Chinese food, cake and flowers.  After that, we went couch shopping.  We ended up buying a couch and recliner set.  Our couch is about 8 years old and is showing its age.  The cushions are deflated and you can feel the bars wherever you sit.  We went to this huge 45,000 sq ft showroom near us called Top Furniture.  We picked a Flexsteel set.  It was the most comfortable and it was 20% off. 



Via

Via

The couch is in a darker brown color.  It is a rich dark chocolate color.  I couldn't find a picture of the couch in the correct color and I realized after we left I forgot to take a picture.  I originally had wanted a gray couch but none of the couches that we liked were offered in that color so we settled on a brown couch which is the current color we have now.  PS why do you always have to wait so long for furniture to be delivered?

While Errol went and bought himself a new iPad, I stopped at TJ Maxx.  They had some cute spring clothes but when the ground is still covered with snow, I have a hard time looking at sandals and shorts.  I found a cute mason jar glass and a couple candles.  The best part is that I had some money left on a gift card so I only paid $0.95 for everything.  The candles are sweet lime & cedar and coconut scented.  TJ Maxx is pretty much my go to place for candles.  They are inexpensive and have a decent selection.  I burn a candle every night so I go through them pretty quick.



Sunday I woke up to this.


It was a little disheartening to see several inches of snow out there. But March weather is always unpredictable.  One day it will be 40 and the next you get a blizzard. 

We did normal Sunday chores and made our favorite BBQ Cheddar Meatloaves.  These are on regular rotation in our house and I have several friends now making them regularly too because they are that good! They aren't the most healthy meal but it's comfort food at it's best.

Via Iowa Girl Eats

Hope your week is a good one!




3 comments:

  1. I love TJs candles. And if it's not warm there- at least you have springy scents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TJ Maxx has great candles, and mine had a large mug collection which is my addiction. Congrats on the new couch. Oh man we only got a dusting here, I am so over the snow already. The meatloaf looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, mine has a great mug collection as well. I like a big mug for my tea and sometimes I can find good ones there.

      Delete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS