Friday, March 6, 2015

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things Vol 1


 This is my very first Friday Favorites.  TGIF, am I right?  This week has been a long one and I've been looking forward to this weekend.  It's supposed to be warm and by warm, I mean in the 30's and we have some plans to go cross country skiing and visit some friends we haven't seen in awhile.  It should be a good weekend!
Favorite Song
Hello My Old Heart-The Oh Hellos
I actually am loving everything by them right now but I am having a moment with this song right now and I have been for the last few months. Just listen to it!

Favorite Recipe
We tried this recipe for the first time this week.  It's a crock pot recipe so that's always a win in my book.  I just throw all the ingredients together the night before and then start it in the morning.  I loved all the vegetables in it.  The only thing I would change is putting in more of the ranch seasoning next time.  The soup still had a good flavor but it wasn't as strong as I thought it was going to be.  This is definitely a keeper.
Bacon-Ranch-Broccoli-Potato-Chowder-main4
Photo courtesy of Carlsbadcravings
Favorite Email

Have you heard of theskimm? I've been on their mailing list for about a year now and I like to read it while I eat my breakfast in the morning.  It's a daily email M-F that covers all of the top news stories from the day/week.  It's a great way to keep up with current events and has a great mix of world and entertainment news. Sign yo'self up!

Favorite Show

I can't even tell you what channel this is on but I randomly caught the first episode of it and it's dysfunctional family gold.  I love anything to do with dysfunctional families.  Schitt's Creek is about a wealthy family who loses all their money and their assets are seized by the IRS.  The only thing the government doesn't want is the town that they own called Schitt's Creek.  The family is forced to move there and live in this rundown motel.  Eugene Levy is the patriarch of the family but Catherine O'Hara is what makes the show.  If you get a chance you should check it out. 

That's it for today.  Hope you have a great weekend!




Linking up with Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS