Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday Fives

Linking up with Liz


O N E
I just want to give a shout out to all the bloggers out there.  I'm still trying to find my footing with this blogging thing.  I'm still figuring out how many times a week I want to post and if I should just sit down and slam out three posts at a time or write them the night before which is what I'm currently doing.  What do you find is the most productive way to write and schedule posts?
Since I am still trying to figure everything out, that is why I have waited to purchase a blog design.  I don't want to spend the money if this is not something I am going to stick with.  Plus, I am pretty much below novice when it comes to html and any design stuff.  I mean, I had to Google how to make my about me and contact tabs.
I just want to say I understand now how much time and effort goes into blogging.  Anyone who has a blog has made it their priority.  It's not an easy thing to come here every week and come up with new and creative content.  I'm sure it's even harder if you have been at it a few years.  I struggled this week because work was just plain shitty and the only thing I wanted to do when I got home was plop on the couch and pour myself a glass of something strong.  Next week is going to be crazy so I am going to try to schedule a couple posts over the weekend and see how that works out for me.
T W O
Speaking of awesome bloggers, Mr Thomas & Me is one of my daily reads.  Amber's post this week on kindness hit the nail on the head and was especially what I needed to hear when I read it on Wednesday.  She has a way with words that girl and I can't say that I'm not excited to see what she has cooking up her sleeve with her book.
"My rawness turns people off to friendship. My open book policy takes people off guard. My shyness can be misconstrued as bitchy. I'm more a shot of tequila -an acquired taste, best chased with salt and a lime- than any smooth sipping beverage." THIS

I've kinda had a post like this brewing in my head but she put it better than I ever could.  To me this speaks right to the very deep and rarely expressed part of my heart.  It speaks to me as someone who has struggled with feeling accepted her whole life.  It makes me value the people in my life who do truly get and understand me that much more.  To me, this post was more about learning acceptance than kindness.

T H R E E



F O U R


I just got my first approval on Penguin's First to Read for The Last Bookaneer by Matthew Pearl.  I was so excited when I opened the email yesterday.  I have Pearl's The Dante Club on my tbr bookcase but haven't got to it yet.  Look for my review on this coming sometime in April!
First to Read offers digital copies of books before they are released.  You earn points the more you interact on the website.  Every month or so they release the books that are up for grabs.  You can either use the points you have to guarantee yourself a copy or you can enter into a drawing.
F I V E
So I might be a little bit of a crazy cat lady.  I've always been opposed to the idea of having a cat but then came Chitty Lou meowing at my door and I've now officially drunk the Kool-Aid.  I just can't help it.  My kitty is the cutest cat out there and don't try to tell me otherwise.  I mean, just look at him. 


His paws just kill me in this picture!  This is him in his princess palace and yes, I know he's a boy but IdowhatIwant. He loves to get in there and play fight with you.

That's it for today.  See you Monday!





2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I just started blogging a few weeks ago, and am finding the process of figuring out how/when to post a bit difficult too. Also, your cat is cute! And nothin wrong with bein a crazy cat lady - we're pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad I'm not the only crazy cat lady out there! ;-) And also struggling with my posting schedule. I have a notebook going with strictly blogging ideas so that I can pull posts together from there and that seems to be working for now on the creative end of it. It's just the actual sitting down and making it part of my schedule that I'm finding hard. And there's so many great blogging resources out there that it can be overwhelming. I'm just trying to find my footing and figure out what I really want my blog to be.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS